About GEPC Student Ministries
Student Ministries Convictions
It is our heart to be:
- Word Driven: We believe that Bible is the infallible and inerrant Word of God that God gave to his people to bring about a saving knowledge and faith of who God is and of the salvation and grace that is made available through the work of Jesus Christ. We believe that the Bible is authoritative because God is the author. Therefore, it carries the highest authority and we should submit our lives to its teaching and instruction. This is why we start with the Bible and allow the Bible and not our preferences to direct us.
- Christ-Centered: We seek to be Christ Centered in all that we are and all that we do as we believe that the gospel of Christ is central to the Christian life. Christ, and Christ alone is the source of our salvation. Therefore, the effectiveness and power of our student ministries is not in anything that is man made, but rather is only in the saving work of Christ.
- Grace-Giving: Because we are Word driven and Christ Centered we recognize that all of us are only saved by the grace of God. None of us have earned our relationship with God. In fact we all deserve the curse and wrath of God, but God in his great mercy and grace has blessed us with an eternal relationship with Himself through the death and resurrection of His Son Jesus Christ. Therefore, in all that we are and in all that we do, we seek to live in God’s grace and give grace as we have received an abundance of grace in the gospel.
- Relationally Directed: Gashland EPC Student Ministries is relationally directed as we seek to develop meaningful relationships that encourage, equip, engage, disciple and inspire students to grow deeper in their relationship with the Lord.
- Family Focused: It is our heart to be family focused as we seek to minister not only to the students, but also to families as a whole. This is because we recognize that one of the biggest spiritual influences any child has is his or her parents and that the family is God’s primary means of discipling children. Therefore, it is our desire to partner with you in raising your children in the faith and to help in any way we can.
Student Ministries Mission
GEPC Student Ministries seeks to actively help students serve in the mission of God and in the body of Christ, equip students to participate in the church, kingdom work, and a life long relationship with God, engage in the larger community of believers and in the world, and to know the redemptive story of the gospel found in Scripture and be transformed by it.
Student Ministries Weekly Life
Sunday Mornings: Come and join us in the Holy Grounds High School Classroom (9-12) or in the Middle School Room 212 on Sunday Mornings from 9:45am – 10:45am to study God’s Word.
High School Community Group: On Sunday evenings the High School meets at the Mason’s house for a weekly community group where we spend time in fellowship, Word, and prayer.
Conversations: Join us on Wednesday nights for a church wide meal from 6:00pm- 6:30pm. Then the High School and Middle School will break off for some engaging discussions and small groups from 6:45-7:45pm.
First Fridays: The First Friday of each month High School and Middle School will gather at the Ministry Center at Gashland EPC to for fellowship and an open gym from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
Mid-Month Madness: On the third Sunday of the month from 3pm-5pm the High School and Middle School gather in the Ministry Center at Gashland EPC to play an epic new game that involves some extra excitement, fun, and yes…madness.
High School Summer Trips: Every summer the High School goes on a summer trip! We rotate between conferences, mission trips, and retreats.
Middle School Mystery Trip: Every summer the Middle school goes on a surprise mystery trip. Where are we are going and what are we are doing? It’s a mystery!
Other Events: We do a lot of other events throughout the year including lock-ins, discipleship retreats, service days, movie nights, scavenger hunts, game nights, and more!